George Hale was accounted to be a man of great physical and mental energy, largely responsible for raising the money to replace the first St. Luke's, a temporary wooden church built in 1863, with the Victorian Gothic building that stands today. A contemporary account reads "By his persistent industry he succeeded in replacing this wooden structure by a fine brick and stone, dedicated to St. Luke, of which he was in 1881 appointed the first Vicar."
Come and join us for just an hour or for the whole day! We will be finalising the design, choosing the colours and fabrics and starting the construction of the parish banner.
More information from Sylvia Pick (813298) or email: email@example.com