George Hale was accounted to be a man of great physical and mental energy, largely responsible for raising the money to replace the first St. Luke's, a temporary wooden church built in 1863, with the Victorian Gothic building that stands today. A contemporary account reads "By his persistent industry he succeeded in replacing this wooden structure by a fine brick and stone, dedicated to St. Luke, of which he was in 1881 appointed the first Vicar."
Come and join us for just an hour or for the whole day! We will be finalising the design, choosing the colours and fabrics and starting the construction of the parish banner.
More information from Sylvia Pick (813298) or email: email@example.com
Delicious homemade cakes and biscuits are for sale, to enjoy with a cup of coffee or to take home. All proceeds are divided equally between Christ Church, Hambantota and the Milton Children's Hospice.
Bible study group. All are welcome. The group is discussing Jeremiah during March.
The residents are holding a farewell party to which all friends are welcome. Contact Rebecca for further details, 01223 312313
This will be the only morning service in the parish today.
St. Luke's Church and School from Victoria Road. The School opened on October 1st 1874 as a mixed school for boys, girls and infants.
The school building is now used by the Cardozo Kindersley Workshop.