St Augustine’s Church
St Augustine’s was built in 1898 to serve the expanding population in this part of the city, as a school during the week and as a church on Sundays. Now no longer a school, St Augustine’s continues to support the local community in a dual role. It serves as a Church of England church, part of the Parish of the Ascension, Cambridge and a member of Church At Castle.
After substantial restoration in 2012-2016, the buildings offer excellent facilities for events to groups of all sizes, up to 120 people, and they are widely used by the local community. We are grateful for the support of Cambridge City Council, who have provided several Community Grants, and to many other donors and sponsors who made these renovations possible.
Services & Times
Events at St Augustine’s
Sunday Services at St Augustine’s
The 9.30 am Sunday Communion service is partly sung and uses the Common Worship liturgy. The style of worship reflects the church’s warm welcome to all, of all ages and love of many types of music. Singing is accompanied on a piano, and occasionally by the St Augustine’s Singers . . .
Refreshments are served after the service, which lasts approximately an hour.